EQ or Mine Craft?

Moderator: lil helpers

Post Reply
Odeous
Probably not a spambot
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:59 pm -0500

EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Odeous » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:47 pm -0500

just reloaded eq1 and logged in briefly.... thought for a moment I had entered one of my kids minecraft games... =/

User avatar
Xarpolis
General of the Board
General of the Board
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:51 am -0500
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Xarpolis » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:30 am -0500

Then you must not be interested at all in EQ Next.
No sig for me.

User avatar
TourettesGuy
Private
Private
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:19 pm -0500
Location: FUCKING

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by TourettesGuy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:46 am -0500

Xarpolis wrote:Then you must not be interested at all in EQ Next.
XARPOLIS MOR`LOKI, ARE YOU GOING TO PLAY THAT? I THOUGHT YOU WERE MMO REHABILITATED.

PISS

SHIT
PS: PIS SHIT

User avatar
Xarpolis
General of the Board
General of the Board
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:51 am -0500
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Xarpolis » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 am -0500

I'm not playing them while my daughter is awake. I might still dabble in the future, but only with a limited schedule. I'd rather spend time with the family than focus on a game for endless hours.
No sig for me.

User avatar
TourettesGuy
Private
Private
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:19 pm -0500
Location: FUCKING

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by TourettesGuy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:10 pm -0500

People at work tell me to watch the trailer for EQ Next. Honestly I don't think it's in my best interest.
PS: PIS SHIT

Odeous
Probably not a spambot
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:59 pm -0500

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Odeous » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:16 pm -0500

Xarpolis wrote:Then you must not be interested at all in EQ Next.

I totally am, I was just saying the graphics package of a game some 17ish years old is a bit crude =)




the new eq graphics look very nice imo

Odeous
Probably not a spambot
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:59 pm -0500

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Odeous » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:23 pm -0500

Xarpolis wrote:I'm not playing them while my daughter is awake. I might still dabble in the future, but only with a limited schedule. I'd rather spend time with the family than focus on a game for endless hours.

nice to hear. When I was at your stage in life, I gamed primarily at night too.

remember: Gear score in game is inversely proportionate to gear score in real life. Likewise, relationships score in game is inversely proportionate to relationship score in real life. =)

There will be power gaming time again when she is grown.

I am in the same boat. Even though my youngest is 14, my business and family demands are astronomical.

User avatar
TourettesGuy
Private
Private
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:19 pm -0500
Location: FUCKING

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by TourettesGuy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:51 pm -0500

Odeous wrote:
Xarpolis wrote:I'm not playing them while my daughter is awake. I might still dabble in the future, but only with a limited schedule. I'd rather spend time with the family than focus on a game for endless hours.

nice to hear. When I was at your stage in life, I gamed primarily at night too.

remember: Gear score in game is inversely proportionate to gear score in real life. Likewise, relationships score in game is inversely proportionate to relationship score in real life. =)

There will be power gaming time again when she is grown.

I am in the same boat. Even though my youngest is 14, my business and family demands are astronomical.
So basically, when we're all a bunch of retired old shits we can rebuild ED in whatever VR headset Carmack and Google have going at the moment. I'm in. I can wait another 27 years.
PS: PIS SHIT

User avatar
Xarpolis
General of the Board
General of the Board
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:51 am -0500
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Xarpolis » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:44 pm -0500

I'm only 32, not too old. But I've lost the "gaming edge" to the high school kids, much the way I had it when I was younger. Having no responsibilities kicked ass.
No sig for me.

User avatar
TourettesGuy
Private
Private
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:19 pm -0500
Location: FUCKING

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by TourettesGuy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:40 pm -0500

anyway, GTA 4 and 5 and 6 etc are poop.
PS: PIS SHIT

User avatar
Xarpolis
General of the Board
General of the Board
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:51 am -0500
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Xarpolis » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:35 pm -0500

I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix right now. My daughter likes watching the Disney characters, but I don't play it much in front of her. Typically after she goes to bed.
No sig for me.

Odeous
Probably not a spambot
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:59 pm -0500

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Odeous » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:58 am -0500

TourettesGuy wrote:
Odeous wrote:
Xarpolis wrote:I'm not playing them while my daughter is awake. I might still dabble in the future, but only with a limited schedule. I'd rather spend time with the family than focus on a game for endless hours.

nice to hear. When I was at your stage in life, I gamed primarily at night too.

remember: Gear score in game is inversely proportionate to gear score in real life. Likewise, relationships score in game is inversely proportionate to relationship score in real life. =)

There will be power gaming time again when she is grown.

I am in the same boat. Even though my youngest is 14, my business and family demands are astronomical.
So basically, when we're all a bunch of retired old shits we can rebuild ED in whatever VR headset Carmack and Google have going at the moment. I'm in. I can wait another 27 years.
Absolutely! ...and the really best part is since we will all be wearing depends adult diapers and drinking bottles of ensure in place of real food, we will never have to afk at all. beat those mad skillz you 14 year old punks! ... of ocurse in place of "gems" to play while farming SOE will have to code a server wide non stop bingo game......... GM says/"B-6" Odeous Shouts/"BINGO!" - lol - I win! oh yeah... good times are a coming

Mugaaz
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 1541
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:00 pm -0500

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Mugaaz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:20 pm -0500

Odeous wrote:
Xarpolis wrote:I'm not playing them while my daughter is awake. I might still dabble in the future, but only with a limited schedule. I'd rather spend time with the family than focus on a game for endless hours.

nice to hear. When I was at your stage in life, I gamed primarily at night too.

remember: Gear score in game is inversely proportionate to gear score in real life. Likewise, relationships score in game is inversely proportionate to relationship score in real life. =)

There will be power gaming time again when she is grown.

I am in the same boat. Even though my youngest is 14, my business and family demands are astronomical.
This stuff gets repeated every mmo and is complete /facepalm

If you break it down all the statements become this:
Everyone lower level than me is crappy or a casual
Everyone higher level than me cheated or is a loser


No one really makes these comments in regards to how much Street Fighter, LoL, or SC2 someone plays. However, if you're in the top 1% of those games you play as much as any hardcore MMO player. If people are spending time with their kids/spouse instead of playing an MMO I don't get why they either need to brag about and/or justify it. Almost everyone on this board has been playing MMOs for 2 decades now, can we move past this stuff?

User avatar
Xarpolis
General of the Board
General of the Board
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:51 am -0500
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Xarpolis » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:10 am -0500

It isn't bragging. I don't run around patting myself on the back for the decision.

But it's there none the less. At this point of my life, I would rather focus on what's real over what isn't. That said, if I didn't have a family, I would ABSOLUTELY waste unimaginable amounts of time in an MMO.
That's just how my brain works. I'm computer addicted, so if I force myself away from games, I'm better off.
No sig for me.

Mugaaz
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 1541
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:00 pm -0500

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Mugaaz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:09 pm -0500

I just fundamentally don't understand why people need to explain or excuse how much or how little they play an MMO. No one cares except your close relations, explain it to them.

Odeous
Probably not a spambot
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:59 pm -0500

Re: EQ or Mine Craft?

Post by Odeous » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:41 am -0500

Mugaaz wrote:I just fundamentally don't understand why people need to explain or excuse how much or how little they play an MMO. No one cares except your close relations, explain it to them.

no one was explaining, excusing, condemning or condoning.

Simple math. Excessive time spent in one activity = inadequate time spent in another. No one here was defining "loser, cheater, crappy or casual" with regard of which choice any individual chooses. That definition is left to the individual spending the time. I am no one's judge except my own, and I am just as affected by the facts of existence as anyone else; want pixels? focus on pixels, want cash? focus on cash, want relationships? focus on relationships. This fact of life has nothing to do with any mmo release.

Personally, I believe in priority with balance. Xarp defined his priority. He did so without judgment to anyone else's choice. I commended his choice and echoed it as my own.

I will see your "/facepalm" and raise you a "Good Grief"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests