Diablo III

Moderator: lil helpers

User avatar
the flower princess
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:06 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by the flower princess » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:18 pm -0500

No idea, they took my gold but no equip.

I've never joined a pub but had 3 people on my recently played with list I've never seen
FORMERLY MCMAC01

Regan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 8884
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:00 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Regan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:57 am -0500

Terminal wrote:Then I don't know how someone hacked your account since it's literally impossible, unless you got hit by a man-in-the-middle attack from some virus/keylogger
The word on the street is that once logged into a game, there's a way for hackers to read your session ID, and spoof it. Which would allow them to log in as you without ever knowing your password.

User avatar
the flower princess
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:06 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by the flower princess » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 am -0500

I had another friend experience what i did in that they didnt touch equip only stripped gold and had people on the list they never played with. Is it possible they they are stripping the gold and not getting on the account? Makes no sense that they wouldnt take the gear if they were on there.
FORMERLY MCMAC01

User avatar
Terminal
Major
Major
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:00 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Terminal » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:23 am -0500

Regan wrote:
Terminal wrote:Then I don't know how someone hacked your account since it's literally impossible, unless you got hit by a man-in-the-middle attack from some virus/keylogger
The word on the street is that once logged into a game, there's a way for hackers to read your session ID, and spoof it. Which would allow them to log in as you without ever knowing your password.
If you read the actual security literature, regarding how session IDs work, you'd see that it is also impossible.

There are all sorts of rumor flying around about everything on D3, and most of them are wrong. I'm certainly not going to give any credit to random people who came up with this session ID spoofing thing.

People also said that drops were based on the AH: False.

People also said that magic find didn't get you better magic items: False.

etc.

Thenger
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 1209
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:00 am -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Thenger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:47 am -0500

Terminal wrote:
Regan wrote:
Terminal wrote:Then I don't know how someone hacked your account since it's literally impossible, unless you got hit by a man-in-the-middle attack from some virus/keylogger
The word on the street is that once logged into a game, there's a way for hackers to read your session ID, and spoof it. Which would allow them to log in as you without ever knowing your password.
If you read the actual security literature, regarding how session IDs work, you'd see that it is also impossible.

There are all sorts of rumor flying around about everything on D3, and most of them are wrong. I'm certainly not going to give any credit to random people who came up with this session ID spoofing thing.

People also said that drops were based on the AH: False.

People also said that magic find didn't get you better magic items: False.

etc.
What you said right there is so spot on. I have a friend who is a Demon Hunter and he wears a ton of Find Magic gear and holy shit.... He finds some real nice things, if not for him my Monk would be close to impossible to play in Inferno. And god I hate being a melee in this game...

User avatar
Xarpolis
General of the Board
General of the Board
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:51 am -0500
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

Re: Diablo III

Post by Xarpolis » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:04 am -0500

Then why don't you start a new character? I mean, the game's been out for only like 2 weeks and you're probably already max level.
No sig for me.

Paden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:13 am -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Paden » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:09 pm -0500

If anyone wants to add me it's Paden#1852 for my bnet tag.

User avatar
Terminal
Major
Major
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:00 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Terminal » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:36 pm -0500

Jake#1439

Paden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:13 am -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Paden » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:06 am -0500

So im playing d3 and was talking in general chat and this dude is like Paden from tarew marr?
I'm like wtf yeah, turned out to be Rennol from Black Company, I told him about this site and what not small world considering every general chat contains 100 people max.

User avatar
Xarpolis
General of the Board
General of the Board
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:51 am -0500
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

Re: Diablo III

Post by Xarpolis » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:12 am -0500

That's cool.
No sig for me.

Paden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:13 am -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Paden » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:05 pm -0500

snap into a slim jim

User avatar
Jukas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:17 am -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Jukas » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:36 pm -0500

I'd probably play this if I coud get it for 10 bux.

User avatar
Terminal
Major
Major
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:00 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Terminal » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:10 pm -0500

i have made $150 playing this game so far

after the initial $63 purchase

User avatar
the flower princess
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:06 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by the flower princess » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:25 pm -0500

Dammit, i've made shit for money when trying to sell items.
FORMERLY MCMAC01

Paden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:13 am -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Paden » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:19 pm -0500

All I can so is inferno is a bitch and I have yet to loot a good item worth me using, everything i got came from AH and is still not good enough lol

wandoo
Possible Spambot
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:41 am -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by wandoo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:10 am -0500

yesturday I was playing Diablo, I played 10 mintues, then suddenly finishede like at 4 Hours. This means that in Diablo, if you start playing its hard to stop. Now yes, It wont be that awsome to Lvl up, but yet, its a good Idea to get ready for the next expansion.In 2012, I start playing a facebook game Botkins Hidden Cove and two new free mmorpg Soul Captor and Waren Story.
Last edited by wandoo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:15 am -0500, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Xarpolis
General of the Board
General of the Board
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:51 am -0500
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

Re: Diablo III

Post by Xarpolis » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:18 am -0500

...diablo expansion, or the WoW one?
No sig for me.

User avatar
motherface
The Man
The Man
Posts: 21672
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:28 am -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by motherface » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:12 am -0500

wandoo wrote:yesturday I was playing Diablo, I played 10 mintues, then suddenly finishede like at 4 Hours. This means that in Diablo, if you start playing its hard to stop. Now yes, It wont be that awsome to Lvl up, but yet, its a good Idea to get ready for the next expansion.
Welcome wandoo. If you're not a spammer you can stay.

Code: Select all

inetnum:        101.80.0.0 - 101.95.255.255
netname:        CHINANET-SH
descr:          CHINANET SHANGHAI PROVINCE NETWORK
descr:          China Telecom
descr:          No.31,jingrong street
descr:          Beijing 100032
country:        CN
admin-c:        WWQ4-AP
tech-c:         WWQ4-AP
status:         ALLOCATED PORTABLE
notify:         ip-admin@mail.online.sh.cn
remarks:        service provider
mnt-by:         APNIC-HM
mnt-lower:      MAINT-CHINANET-SH
mnt-routes:     MAINT-CHINANET-SH
mnt-irt:        IRT-CHINANET-CN
changed:        hm-changed@apnic.net 20110103
source:         APNIC

person:         Weng Wen Qian
address:        Room 2405,357 Songlin Road,Shanghai 200122
country:        CN
phone:          +86-21-68405784
fax-no:         +86-21-50623458
e-mail:         wengwq@online.sh.cn
nic-hdl:        WWQ4-AP
mnt-by:         MAINT-CHINANET-SH
changed:        ip-admin@mail.online.sh.cn 20050403
source:         APNIC

User avatar
Lumberg
General of the Board
General of the Board
Posts: 33191
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:46 am -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Lumberg » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:03 am -0500

CHINANET

Weng Wen Qian
Image

User avatar
the flower princess
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:06 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by the flower princess » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:11 am -0500

OMGZ LUMBERG, 1 POST FROM 32K

Just to clarify for D3 - for weapons, the +% damage on a weapon does not actually apply to damage after dps, correct? So it can be ignored? It just applies to the damage already shown in the weap through the dps? I've gotten different answers on this and just want to make sure something like +50% weapon damage doesnt mean it adds 50% damage to hits.

Edit - does attack speed % just get factored in to the dps also? WHY THE FUCK DOES IT HAVE THESE STATS ON A WEAP IF THEY ARE JUST FACTORED IN TO DPS ANYWAY??
FORMERLY MCMAC01

Regan
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 8884
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:00 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Regan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:55 am -0500

the flower princess wrote:OMGZ LUMBERG, 1 POST FROM 32K

Just to clarify for D3 - for weapons, the +% damage on a weapon does not actually apply to damage after dps, correct? So it can be ignored? It just applies to the damage already shown in the weap through the dps? I've gotten different answers on this and just want to make sure something like +50% weapon damage doesnt mean it adds 50% damage to hits.

Edit - does attack speed % just get factored in to the dps also? WHY THE FUCK DOES IT HAVE THESE STATS ON A WEAP IF THEY ARE JUST FACTORED IN TO DPS ANYWAY??
everything is factored into dps.

the details come into play if you're concerned about how much of that dps is due to elemental damage that could be resisted by the majority of what you're going to be facing. also, your weapon speed determines the speed of all attack skills.

User avatar
the flower princess
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:06 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by the flower princess » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:01 pm -0500

Sorry, i didn't mean overall DPS i meant for weapons only
I'm explaining this like a complete mongoloid but here is what i'm asking-

say a weapon is 1h and 900dps with +45% weapon damage as stats - that 900dps for that weapon already has the +45% weapon damage factored in right? It isnt any better than 900dps with +10% weapon damage and same goes with speed bumps on weaps?
FORMERLY MCMAC01

User avatar
Terminal
Major
Major
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:00 pm -0500

Re: Diablo III

Post by Terminal » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:40 pm -0500

correcto

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests