Wolfenstein: The New Order

Moderator: lil helpers

principessa
General of the Board
General of the Board

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Post by principessa » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:45 am -0500

I remember my son playing the original back in the 80s--the first, FPS, IIRC.
Here's part of a review of the new one from The Flickering Myth:

The New Order is hardcore, FPS action that reminds us how easy we’ve had it over the last decade. No more recharging shields that regenerate when we switch to cover to protect ourselves from the onslaught of bullets. Paced weapon placement, no overpowered gun-power from the off and really tough, challenging AI that is resilient and resourceful.

Sure, the story isn’t exceptional and there is a disappointing lack of multiplayer, but Wolfenstein: The New Order is, unquestionably, one of the best attempts at creating a switch-off, action-focused FPS shooter from a bygone era and keeping it relevant in 2014.

This is the kind of re-imagining that Duke Nukem Forever should have been. Machine Games clearly care about their source material, the game benefits from high production values, the heavy-metal, gritty music really sets the tone for a Nazi-themed future, and the graphics look genuinely elegant on new-generation consoles.

Wolfenstein: The New Order defies expectation and rejuvinates this aging franchise in a destructively divine way for fans old and new.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
~Abraham Lincoln

principessa
General of the Board
General of the Board

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order

Post by principessa » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:38 pm -0500

Fry's has this for all platforms for $39.99 plus free shipping.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
~Abraham Lincoln

aviger
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order

Post by aviger » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:36 pm -0500

I love this game, for the simple fact it's single player lasted more than the 2 hours most CoD ones do now :P
I fucking hate buying a game for 50-60$ and only being able to play it with 12 year old fuckwads online.

Even on the lowest difficulty (i like just running around exploring before i get into harder modes) it took about 12 hours to go through the game and only finding about 80% of the hidden shit.
Very much worth buying.
Spellchekin iz four puzzies